We are committed to publishing original stories that spark meaningful conversation about Asian American identity and empowering real people to share real stories.
Slant'd is an annual print publication that challenges readers to dig deeper when thinking about race and identity. Each issue is centered around a theme, which will be announced once the submissions window opens. From there, we are interested in receiving story pitches around that theme in the following creative formats:
- Short stories
The submissions window for Issue 02 will open in January 2018. In the meantime, please familiarize yourself with our submission guidelines below.
// Submissions Guidelines
- We are primarily a print publication and are currently only accepting stories that can be printed in magazine form. We will not be distributing our editorial content online. For our "live" digital content, please refer to our Instagram.
- We believe that there are so many powerful real life stories that need to be told; therefore, we are currently only accepting non-fiction work.
- We want to showcase the diversity of Asian culture and we accept submissions from Asian writers and artists of all cultural backgrounds (this includes hapas, or mixed-race Asian Americans).
- We ask for first North American serial rights should your work be accepted for publication. Authors and artists retain all rights to their work after publication.
- To maintain the integrity of the magazine, we ask that you submit writing samples (for written pieces) or samples from your portfolio (for art pieces) with your story pitch.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org